In this tutorial, we will be building a Konga.com powered affiliate shop using the affiliate shop plugin for Konga.
I assume you have WordPress, WooCommerce plugin, and a WooCommerce supported theme preferably Storefront together with a SEO plugin (WordPress SEO by Yoast and SEO Ultimate are currently only supported) installed.
Setting up WooCommerce and Storefront Theme
Firstly, let’s do some WooCommerce configuration.
- Click on settings in WooCommerce menu link and navigate to the General tab.
- Select Nigeria as your Base Location and Nigerian Naira as Currency beneath Currency Options.
- Navigate to the Products tab, click the “Display” sub menu link and ensure the product’s image dimension conforms to that which is shown in the image below.
Let’s go over the few steps in setting up Storefront theme by WooTheme, makers of WooCommerce.
- Create a page with name “Welcome to [your site name here]” (or whatever name you deem fit), and be sure to select Homepage as the page attribute from the right-hand side metabox.
- Still in WordPress dashboard, click “Reading” under Settings menu.
- Select the page you created earlier as the website front page and save.
We are pretty much done setting up WooCommerce and the storefront theme.
Configuring the Konga Affiliate Shop Plugin
Before we go over to the plugin setup, we first have to create WooCommerce categories for the products we wish to promote and grab our affiliate ID from Konga affiliate dashboard.
Creating WooCommerce Categories
- Click the “Categories” link beneath the WooCommerce Products menu.
- Create the categories for the Konga products as you would for WordPress articles.
Getting your Affiliate Account ID
- Login to your Konga Affiliate account
- At the top of the dasboard, you should see your affiliate link as shown in the image below where w3guy is my account ID. Therefore, the text that preceeds k_id= is your affiliate ID.
Configuring Konga Affiliate Shop Plugin
Click the menu to go to the plugin settings page.
The plugin settings is divided into Configuration and Product Setup.
The configuration section is intuitive and pretty easy to do. See screenshot below.
The product setup section is also pretty straight-forward and easy. Select a category and input the corresponding Konga category link.
For example, say you created a Watches category for your Affiliate shop. The corresponding Konga link is http://www.konga.com/watches. Copy and paste the link to the Product Sources textarea for the category.
Say you want to include Unisex watches to the “Watches” category, separate the URLs with a comma like so:
Once done, save the changes.
At this juncture, we are pretty much done setting up the plugin. To import products immediately from Konga.com without having to wait for the plugin cron job to run, click the “Force Sync” button.
Preview your website and you will see the products belong to the various categories being displayed.